Allmade Introduces Sustainably Manufactured Clothing
As Americans in a culture of rapid consumption, it’s easy to believe that cheaper and faster is better. Many of us have closets overflowing with clothing. From shoes and outerwear to shirts and pants, fast fashion makes buying clothes at affordable prices as simple as clicking a button online.
The wholesale cost of blank T-shirts produced in bulk can be as little as $2 a shirt. Retailers mark up prices making healthy profits on these garments while still being able to pass along savings to customers. But, low cost manufacturing comes with many hidden costs, our environment and the laborers that make these garments suffer.
Do you know the story behind your T-shirt?
- It takes over 500 gallons of water to produce a single conventional cotton T-shirt.
- The amount of chemicals and pesticides used for one shirt equates to over 1/3 the weight of the garment.
- Slave labor still exists in countries producing apparel outside the US.
- Over 80% of children in Haitian orphanages have parents but with such low wages, parents are unable to afford their care.
- You can eliminate all of these closed door problems by paying roughly $1 more per garment.
In a world that celebrates glamour, fame, and instant gratification, the only constant is change. Together, we have the power to make change that’s positive and long lasting.
Make a Positive Impact with Allmade
- Allmade’s materials are are sourced, dyed, and milled in the USA.
- Our cotton is 100% organic, meaning no toxic chemicals or pesticides were used to grow the crop.
- Our fabric is shipped to Haiti, only a few hundred miles from our dye facility, which limits our carbon footprint on transit.
- All sewing is done in Haiti and employees are paid a living wage, which helps keep families together and prevents fewer children becoming orphans.
- Allmade tri-blend shirts use 3 or more recycled plastic bottles in every shirt.
- The cut, grading, and quality of our garments were built, designed, and produced by 10 of the most innovative screen printing companies in the US.
Superior Ink is a founding member and 1 of only 10 distributors of Allmade garments in the US. We’re proud to be a part of this revolution and shape the way this new model works. We’re committed to inspiring business leaders to join us as we change the pattern of exploitative apparel manufacturing. Interested in purchasing Allmade garments or finding out more about our difference? Check out superiorinkprinting.com/allmade
Call us at 303-761-4106 and take a stand for sustainably made garments. We love sharing our passion for Allmade’s mission.